Saturday, February 11, 2012

Applications chosen

I find all the applications we have  learned in the course very useful but the ones I've used with my students this week are :My Voki and the Words Cloud. I asked my students to do a writing assignment. The objective for the assignment was my students to write an opinion based essay and I wanted them to send it to me by email. I was very surprised to discover that my students had no idea how to "share a file" ,so this was my first goal: teach them how to share a file and send it to me. Then, thinking about the applications we've  learnt in the course I decided that it could be a very good idea to send my students a Voki as a response to their email.I thanked them for the writing and I let them know that I had recieved their emails. As you can imagine, they were shocked to see their "virtual teacher" talking to them. In addition to the "technological innovation", the fact that the avatar was taller, blonder and prettier than their everyday teacher made it even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment